2SWAP is free and easy!
Here's how 2SWAP works:
- Become a 2SWAP member by creating a free account
- Automatically receive 3 SWAP CREDITS for the first 10 books you upload! We award you with 1 FREE SWAP CREDIT for your third, fifth and tenth book.
- Use these shiny new credits to shop around on 2SWAP for books of interest
- Request a swap when you find one you want (see example below)
- Each time a 2SWAP member requests a book from you 1 SWAP CREDIT is automatically added to your account!
- When you receive a swap request, hit confirm, print out the handy mailing label and mail your book using the ultra low cost media rate
Example of a typical Swap:
>> Alice lists her copy of "The Devil Wears Prada" on 2SWAP.com
>> Bob browses the site and finds Alice's book, which he has been meaning to read. Bob clicks "WANT IT."
>> Alice receives an e-mail notification to mail the book to Bob. The e-mail includes a pre-filled PDF mailing label and "media rate" postage calculation.
>> Alice prints the address, tapes it onto the wrapped book and mails the book to Bob via the United States Postal Service. Alice pays for postage.
>> Alice earns a SWAP CREDIT, which she can use to claim any other book on 2SWAP.com, which will be delivered to her via U.S. Mail at the sender's expense.
>> If he is so inclined, Bob rates his swap experience with Alice for her performance as a member of the 2SWAP community.
Members are solely responsible for packaging and mailing their books to other members. But, every time you request a book, it arrives for free in your mailbox (i.e. you didn't have to pay for postage), so you tend to break even on your 2SWAP-related mailing expenses in a pay-it-forward kind of way. And remember, getting lots of $25 hardback best-sellers for free should ease the pain and expense of mailing books to other members from time to time. 2Swap gives a special thanks to our friends over at USPS for providing us with a fabulous service called media rate. It is a cheap and convenient way to mail books and printed materials helping 2swap members make the book swapping process even easier!